March 8, 2017
(A pool of finalists will be established for the 2017-18 school year)
JOB GOAL: To provide instructional leadership and ensure the educational development of students.
- Current Arizona Principal Certificate at time of application
- Minimum of three (3) years successful classroom teaching experience in a multicultural setting preferred
- Evidence of being a life-long learner
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional leadership
- Demonstrated administrative skills and leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to assess student learning
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize school issues
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Site certified and classified staff
- Assists principal as the instructional leader of the school’s academic program, and maintains responsibility and accountability for his/her success. Assumes the role of the principal in his/her absence.
- Assists principal in establishing goals based on student achievement data and implementing strategies, which will support multiple assessments of students’ growth.
- Visits classrooms regularly and makes recommendations to improve student learning.
- Assists in supervision and evaluation of personnel as assigned by principal.
- Helps establish an expectation that all staff will create an environment which values and supports student success.
- Assists appropriate personnel in the selection of new employees.
- Assumes responsibility for the enforcement of student attendance and discipline policies and statutes.
- Assists principal in development and implementation of an effective plan to increase parental and community involvement at school in order to ensure student success.
- Assists principal in addressing parent/community concerns in an expedient and professional manner.
- Participates in community, school and District meetings as appropriate or assigned.
- Assists the principal in supervising the operation of the buildings, grounds and other school property for the protection of those facilities and the safety of those who use them.
- Works with District departments to help coordinate multiple school activities.
- Assists principal in working with School Improvement Team to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate a school improvement plan.
- Assists principal in establishing a leadership model that promotes participation of teachers, parents, and support staff in school improvement strategies.
- Assists principal in informing all staff and parents continuously on the goals and objectives of District Strategic Plan.
- Assists principal in assuming responsibility and accountability for sound fiscal management.
- Assumes responsibility for school compliance with Governing Board policies and state and federal laws; including the imposition of employee discipline when appropriate.
- Keeps the principal and other appropriate administrative staff informed of school issues.
- Models for students, staff and colleagues the success that comes from being a life-long learner through the process for professional growth.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is twelve months. Salary and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line application and Internal candidates should complete an on-line Internal Certified Employee application
- A copy of a current Arizona Principal Certificate
- A letter of interest
- A written statement of your philosophy of education
- A current professional re´sume´
- A minimum of three recent letters of recommendations
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an
Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Friday, March 24, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources (623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079 email@example.com
Primary Location: District Wide
Shift Type: Full-Time
Applications will be accepted
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:00 AM -
Friday, March 24, 2017 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)