This posting has expired and is no longer available.
English Language Development Specialist
(2 Full Time Teacher Positions Available For 2017-2018 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To assist the Director and Assistant Director of Language Acquisition and the school sites in providing academic and compliance support to all English language learners.
- Certified elementary, secondary or special education teacher.
- Endorsed bilingual, ESL and/or SEI teacher.
- At least three years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching English language learners as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement.
- Demonstrates proficiency in English Language Development (ELD) and Math Content.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal program guidelines for servicing English Language Learners in Structured English Immersion (SEl) classrooms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state program guidelines for English Language Development for all English language learners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national English as a Second Language Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state ELL Task Force requirements.
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and works comfortably with adults.
- Holds high expectations for her/himself and colleagues, as well as students.
- Stays focused, open and committed to a set of beliefs with a willingness to accept the challenges of sharing a strong and committed belief in second language acquisition.
- Commitment to on-going professional development in second language acquisition as evidenced by working with colleagues, attending and presenting at conferences, workshops and classes.
- Demonstrates proficiency in communicating in a meaningful way with all stakeholders regarding SEI classroom instructional strategies.
- Evidence of independent decision-making skills.
- Evidence of collaborative skills.
- Evidence of leadership in delivery of professional development for teachers.
- Spanish speaking ability desirable.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find
- appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Language Acquisition
- Work with all district teachers on SEI compliance including lesson planning to required district, state and national compliance/specifications, including lesson plans that show evidence of teaching to district Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum, ELP standards using grade level standards and above, integration of content areas to prepare and pass all district, state and national assessments, including organizing and supporting testing and assessments of English Language Learners.
- Provides classroom support in effectively teaching English language development to English language learners at each proficiency level.
- Works with Director/Assistant Director of Language Acquisition in support, revising and monitoring classroom environment to include classroom evidence of speaking in complete sentences, posted grammar walls, vocabulary word walls, visuals, anchor charts and other researched based resources and scaffold that promotes academic achievement for all English Language Learners.
- Plans, supports and facilitates monthly Professional Development and PLC meetings to teachers and teacher assistants which focus on developing teacher knowledge in English language development and the stages of language acquisition, including raising rigor in SEI classrooms and increasing classification of ELL students to proficiency.
- Provides classroom support consistent with the goals of the English Language Development Program in the Cartwright School District. This includes support of implementation of supplemental programs such as Achieve 3000, Engageny, SuccessMaker, Rewards etc. to support differentiated instruction and observing teachers, co-planning with teachers, providing resources and conducting dialogue sessions.
- Models effective use of differentiated instruction for teachers including supporting planning and organization small group instruction using data from a variety of formative and summative assessments.
- Support integration of technology to increase student engagement and exceptional learning experiences.
- Plans and facilitates professional development for teachers and provides follow-up and support throughout the year.
- Provides quarterly reports to Principals and Language Services Department on every SEI class compliance and needs for continuous improvement.
- Continues own professional development through at least the following activities: involvement in professional organizations; attendance and presentation at professional conferences; facilitation of colleague visits and school visitations; preparation of publications, and continuous professional reading. Stays informed on all matters of importance related to student achievement and program evaluation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Adopted Teacher Calendar and Salary Schedule
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line certified application and Internal candidates should complete an on-line certified Internal
- A copy of a current Arizona Certificate.
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 21, 2017 or UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Lydia Delgado, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Primary Location: District Wide
Shift Type: Full-Time
Applications will be accepted
Friday, March 10, 2017 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)