This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Certified Teacher for District Gifted Elementary Program
2017-2018 School Year
JOB GOAL: To ensure the educational improvement of our gifted students.
- Certified elementary teacher holding a current Arizona Gifted Endorsement. This can be either the Provisional Gifted Endorsement or the full Gifted Endorsement
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations as evidenced by administrator’s evaluation and student learning
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task
- Demonstrated awareness of social/emotional needs of gifted learners
- Demonstrates strong desire to work with gifted learners
- Utilizes a wide variety of teaching/learning techniques
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with others
- Communicates well with parents
- Shows proficiency in Language Arts and Mathematics
- Shows evidence of understanding and use of Arizona Academic Standards
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Site Administrators
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and
appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation
upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals
and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all
lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques
- Provide professional development to the staff on gifted strategies, as well as social and emotional needs of a gifted student.
- Strives to implement instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment,
materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy,
and administrative regulation.
- Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards).
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct: and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate professional development at the school or at the district level.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars,
conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to job responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Adopted Teacher Calendar and Salary Schedule
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line certified application and Internal candidates should complete an on-line certified Internal
- A copy of a current Arizona Certificate.
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 21, 2017 or UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Lydia Delgado, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Primary Location: Glen L. Downs
Shift Type: Full-Time
Applications will be accepted
Friday, March 10, 2017 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)