Instructional Support Specialist
JOB GOAL: To assist the District and School site in the development and effective delivery of our Response to Intervention (RTI) Pyramid with a primary emphasis on coaching First Best Instruction (FBI) focused on student achievement for all Cartwright students.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Hold a current BLE, ESL or SEI endorsement
- Demonstrates knowledge of English Language Development (ELD) and proficiency in teaching as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Common Core and ELP Standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal program guidelines for servicing English Language Learners
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of 21st century technology or willingness to learn
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates high levels of competency for planning and delivering staff development
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information systems- including creating data walls
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates professional development skills and works effectively with adults
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education and Gifted)
- Continues professional growth in curriculum, instruction and assessment through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrator
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates, models, and coaches in the implementation of First Best Instruction (Tier I).
- Supports teams in assessment, evaluation, and planning for teaching.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting instruction.
- Promotes and supports best practice in teaching and learning with First Best Instruction.
- Assists teachers in lesson planning, data analysis, flexible grouping, guided reading, skill grouping and integration of technology.
- Assists with benchmark and state assessments and interprets formal and informal assessment data to assist teachers in planning for effective instruction.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans based on school and district data.
- Provides staff development for District teachers.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan job-embedded professional development and analyze District and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the District and school level.
- Provides support to teachers of English Language Learners, Special Education and Fluent English speakers.
- Collaborates in on-going progress monitoring of English Language Learners, Special Education and fluent English speakers.
- Provides classroom support consistent with the requirements of the Structured English Immersion program.
- Assists in the identification, assessment, placement and the evaluation of English Language Learners.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- Apply online and submit the internal application.
- Download and attach a copy of your current Arizona Teaching Certificate.
- Download and attach a copy of your Current Professional Résumé
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Lydia Delgado, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX : (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX : (623) 691-4079