This posting has expired and is no longer available.
February 17, 2017
Lead Speech and Language Pathologist
Position available for 2017-18 School Year
To assist the Director of Special Services in training and supporting Cartwright School Therapists, and to enhance the quality of department services. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Position manages, monitors, and facilitates the work responsibilities for departmental and contracted speech-language pathologists. Position supports instructional programs by reviewing reports of team members, mentoring colleagues and supporting professional accountability. Position performs specialized work in an educational setting to enable students to achieve optimal learning. The position works cooperatively as an interdisciplinary team member and/or consultant to identify services and to devise an appropriate plan for referred students and their families.
- Master’s degree or higher in speech-language pathology from a nationally accredited college or university, and Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Experience in Cartwright School District
- A current Arizona certificate to practice as a speech/language pathologist
- A current Arizona speech-language pathology license
- Proficiency in all computer functions including word processing. Must be able to type reports
- Must possess the ability to synthesize and interpret diagnostic and assessment data.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of speech-language development theory, child development, tests and measurements
- Must possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies, students, families, team members, and others.
- Lead experience preferred with supervisory certificate
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
- Provide consultation for all district therapists regarding referrals/screening procedures, evaluations, Individualized Education Programs and therapy
- Provide consultation services for regular and special education teachers and parents
- Assist the Director of Special Services in planning and conducting regularly scheduled department staff meetings and trainings for Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists
- Work with and support the Director and Principals with supervising and mentoring Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists
- Promote the utilization of the Multi-tiered System of Supports in the schools
- Provides direct speech-language services as necessary to students placed outside of the Cartwright School District and other cases as determined by the Director of Special Services
- Maintain a small case load of students at a school
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Keeps abreast of developments and research in the field of speech-language pathology and shares with colleagues
- Coordinate training for the administration of newly published/purchased assessments
- Maintain and organize speech-language reference library
- Order necessary materials/equipment to carry out jobs and responsibilities related to speech/language pathology
- Conduct and maintain an inventory of protocols and test materials
- Distribute protocols and test materials
- Monitors caseload size from school to school to make and/or recommend staffing decisions to Director and Executive Team
- In conjunction with the Director, develops and implements a plan for the provision of therapy services in Cartwright, including clear job descriptions for all special education staff and priority activities for speech/language therapists.
- Attend Special Services Leadership Team meetings weekly
- Participate in interviews for new employees
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Special Services
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is nine months plus 4 additional weeks. Fringe Benefits, Salary based on 2017-2018 Auxiliary Salary Schedule. Additional Lead stipend will be paid on the auxiliary stipend salary schedule as designated.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- Internal candidates should complete an on-line Internal Certified Employee application
- A copy of a current Arizona Certificate to practice as a speech/language pathologist or a degree in speech/language pathology from a nationally accredited college or university
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX (623) 691-4079
Primary Location: Special Services
Shift Type: Full-Time
Applications will be accepted beginning
Friday, February 17, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)