2017-2018 Certified Mathematics Content Specialist
MATHEMATICS CONTENT SPECIALIST
JOB GOAL: To support the professional growth of middle school mathematics teachers by strengthening classroom teachers’ understanding of math content. To promote enhanced mathematics instruction and student learning by helping teachers develop more effective mathematics teaching practices that allow all students to reach high standards as well as sharing research addressing how students learn mathematics.
- Arizona certified elementary or secondary teacher
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in Middle School Mathematics with excellent evaluations
- Must be appropriately certified in Mathematics
- Demonstrates proficiency in middle school math in particular 7th grade pre-algebra and 8th grade algebra instruction
- Demonstrates proficiency in Algebra instruction as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information systems
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates professional development skills and works effectively with adults
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education)
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Reports to: Director of STEM and PLC, Assistant Director of Math and Science, Assistant Director of STEM and College and Career Readiness
- Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and models first best instruction for assigned teachers.
- Collaborates with individual teachers through co-planning, co-teaching, and coaching.
- Supports teams in assessment, evaluation, and planning for teaching.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting instruction.
- Facilitates teachers’ use of successful, research-based instructional strategies, including differentiated instruction for diverse learners.
- Visits schools and observes classrooms on a regular basis to ensure consistency of what is taught from school to school and teacher to teacher and recommends effective instructional strategies.
- Visits middle schools to ensure consistency of Algebra instruction and create scheduling in collaboration with principals on the End of Course exams
- Models lessons in classroom situations for observations by teachers.
- Assists teachers in lesson planning, data analysis, flexible grouping, and integration of technology.
- Interprets formal and informal assessment data to assist teachers in planning for effective instruction.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Mathematics and Science to ensure the curriculum is aligned to state standards.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans in Mathematics based on school and district data.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan professional development and analyze District and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the District and school level.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Adopted Teacher Calendar and Salary Schedule.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line certified application and Internal candidates should complete an on-line certified Internal
- A copy of a current Arizona Certificate.
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks Human Resources
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)