2017-2018 Classified Occupational Therapist/Physical Therapist
(Position Available for 2017-2018 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To deliver occupational therapy services and improve the school educational experience of the students in the Cartwright School District.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have graduated from an accredited university with a degree in
Occupational Therapy and hold a current license from the Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- Proficiency in all computer functions including word processing.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
- Use standardized measures and clinical observation skills for evaluation of students to assist teams in the identification of students with potential educational disabilities.
- Write reports to describe assessment data
- Attend regularly schedule planning meetings for students, teams and schools; Maintain documentation in a timely manner including therapy notes, IEP paperwork, evaluation reports, and Medicaid billing.
- Communicate regularly with team members and parents, working collaboratively to develop and implement effective and appropriate educational plans.
- Utilize current evidenced based practice and maintain effective progress monitoring methods
- Monitor the implementation of educational relevant programs to enhance performance or maintain health by Health Aides or other instructional staff.
- Attends staff and professional meetings.
- Assists with inservice training of school personnel.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Special Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is nine months Fringe Benefits, Salary based on 2016-17 Auxiliary Salary Schedule
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)