2018-2019 Certified Data Coach Coordinator (Internal Only)
Cartwright School District
Data Coach Coordinator (Internal Only)
October 22, 2018
To assist schools in the disaggregation of student achievement data generated from state, district summative and common formative assessments to impact instruction.
- Arizona certified elementary or secondary teacher
- Highly Qualified elementary or secondary teacher
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Possesses collaborative leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of district assessments and can extract data to make educational decisions for student interventions
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates experience in cognitive coaching techniques and working with adults
- Demonstrates ability to work with teachers across a variety of settings (ELD, Special Education, gifted, elementary level, middle school level, self-contained middle schools, fine arts)
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Demonstrates evidence of strong technology skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Synergy Gradebook and Report Cards.
- Working Knowledge of the battery of Arizona Assessment Tests
- Working knowledge of national and state norm-referenced and criterion-referenced assessment standards
- Strong understanding of formative assessment strategies
- Strong communication/relationship building skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Director of Special Services and Director of Assessments and Data Management
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Training district wide and/or school personnel (school support staff) in the different types of data to make timely and appropriate decisions about curriculum, assessment and instruction.
- Supporting and monitoring school support staff to ensure critical capacity that leads to the highest level of effectiveness and sustainability.
- Disseminating results of data work by the Data Coordinator and Data Teams to the appropriate administrators.
- Building support to school support staff that empowers their work.
- Discussing successes and challenges.
- Generating ideas to make school support staff more effective.
- Training district wide and school personnel in:
- Assisting school personnel interpreting and using state district and school assessment data reports
- Assisting school support staff in disaggregating state assessment, and district data based on demographics, subjects/disciplines, standards, and other data sources
- Assisting the Educational Services and principals prioritizing intervention goals based on information uncovered through the data disaggregation process to generate solutions.
- Developing structures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions while they are being implemented.
- Evaluating and verifying effectiveness of interventions based on state assessment, district data and other sources.
- Training school personnel in the use of Galileo, AIMSWeb, Jamestown Navigator, DRA including:
- Teacher and student software use
- Report generating
- Creating of probes
- Data assessment
- Assist principals in developing teacher orientation and professional development for all facets of data collection and analysis
- Attend required training
- Participate and provide professional development opportunities for teachers in the use of data in the classroom
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Special Services and the Director of Assessments and Data Management.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Adopted Teacher Calendar and Salary Schedule
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Sunday, July 22, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)