2018-2019 Certified Math Interventionist
JOB GOAL: To build student success in Mathematics by providing Tier II and Tier III student interventions through our Response to Intervention (RTI) model.
- Valid Arizona Elementary or Special Education Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Must be highly qualified as K-8th Grade Math Interventionist
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching mathematics evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates knowledge of Arizona Common Core Standards and instructional materials for Mathematics
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment as they relate to each other and influence student achievement
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates professional development skills and works effectively with adults
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education, Gifted)
- Works collaboratively with district and school site
- Holds high expectations for her/himself and colleagues, as well as students
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of updated best practices in mathematics including scientifically based mathematics research
- Understands the purpose and specifics of core math programs, supplemental and intervention programs and serves as a guide to teachers to effectively use these programs
- Models systematic mathematics instruction that is aligned to scientifically based math research Tier I and Tier II/III student intervention for all teachers and students
- Understands and interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions
- Collaborates with teachers (mainstream, ELL, Special Education, Gifted) to support math intervention
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrator
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Prepares appropriate lesson plans for math intervention for students.
- Selects and uses materials appropriate for students.
- Ensures Tier II and Tier III mathematics intervention using the district RTI model.
- Analyzes and organizes individual assessment results and state assessment results to determine areas of weakness and share strategies to address weaknesses through prescriptive intervention.
- Provides specialized instructional strategies and a plan for staff members on appropriate intervention (Tier I, II and III) in mathematics instruction for students.
- Develops a RTI framework to put in place a system with procedures that ensure a coherent intervention plan for targeted student populations.
- Facilitates teacher collaboration on components such as progress monitoring, instructional intervention, data analysis and reporting results on a timely on-going basis.
- Facilitates, prepares, posts and updates data walls for mathematics based on school and district expectations.
- Monitors use of intervention labs for mathematics.
- Facilitates teachers’ use of successful, research-based instructional strategies, including differentiated instruction for diverse learners and supports Tier I interventions in the classroom.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting math instruction.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans in mathematics based on school and district data.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan professional development and analyze district and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the district and school level.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- A online application
Download and attach the following:
- A current copy of your Arizona Elementary Teaching Certificate or Special Education Teaching Certificate
- A current Professional Résumé
- A current copy of your Arizona Fingerprint Card or proof of application for a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- A copy of your unofficial transcripts
- A copy of your test scores (AEPA or NES) for certification
- Three (3) current Letters of Recommendation.
** (NOTE: You must be HQ at time of application. Please review criteria for HQ status for this position. Any of the following will be accepted:
- Holds a Mathematics Endorsement, K-8 (issued after June 30, 2011. A Math Specialist endorsement does not qualify. Endorsement should appear on your current certificate)
- Passed the Mathematics Subject Knowledge exam or passed the Middle Grades
- Mathematics Subject Knowledge exam (download a copy of your test scores to your application)
- Hold a Masters in Mathematics (download a copy of your unofficial transcripts)
- Holds a major in Mathematics (download a copy of your unofficial transcripts)
- Holds 24 credit hours in Mathematics (download a copy of your unofficial transcripts. Methods courses CANNOT BE INCLUDED. Courses must be Mathematics content)
- Holds a reciprocal out of state comparable mathematics exam (download a copy of your test scores)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled
Cartwright School District
Beck Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Rita Moncibaez, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX : (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX : (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)