2018-2019 Certified Speech Language Pathologist
Speech Language Pathologist
JOB GOAL: To identify and/or diagnose, remediate speech/language disorders that would have an impact on the educational experience of the students in the Cartwright School District.
- A Current Arizona Certificate to practice as a speech/language pathologist.
- A degree in speech/language pathology from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Master’s, CCC’s preferred. Bachelor’s considered.
REPORTS TO: Director and/or Assistant Director of Special Services
- To screen and/or identify speech/language disorders of referred students.
2. To administer and interpret tests relating to articulation, fluency, voice, orofacial, neurological, congnitive and communication disorders.
3. To assist in assessing, selecting and developing augmentative and alternative communication systems and providing training in the use of these systems.
4. To plan and implement therapy programs based on assessments and student needs supporting the schools educational goals.
5. To enhance speech/language proficiency and communication effectiveness.
6. To confer with teachers, parents and other staff whenever necessary.
7. To attend conferences on speech/language placement and programming of individual students.
8. To maintain case records on all referred students.
9. To serve as a consultant on speech/language topics for teachers and parents in assigned school.
10. To keep abreast of new developments in the field of speech/language pathology.
11. Supervise speech aides and assistants when necessary.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Director/Asst. Director of Special Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is nine (9) months Teacher work year.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX (623) 691-4079
Lydia Delgado, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Heidi Lara, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 22, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)