2018-2019 Certified Teacher (Music)
(Position Available for the 2018– 2019 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To assure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each grade level.
Current Arizona Elementary, Secondary, and/or Special Education Teaching Certificate.
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of State and National Standards.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
9. Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
10. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
11. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
12. Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards).
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct: and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
15. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
16. Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
17. Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
18. Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
19. Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to job responsibilities.
20. All other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment 213 days (subject to annual calendar change). Salary schedule approved by the Governing Board.
The following documentation is required along with the Application:
Copy of Home State License (if graduated);
Three (3) current letters of recommendation;
Copies of Test Scores for Certification;
Copy of AZ Fingerprint Card
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Lydia Delgado, Human Resources
(623) 691- 4075 FAX (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691- 5946 FAX (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 22, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)