2020-2021 Certified Instructional Support Specialist
Instructional Support Specialist
JOB GOAL: To assist the District and School site in the development and effective delivery of our Response to Intervention (RTI) Pyramid with a primary emphasis on coaching First Best Instruction (FBI) focused on student achievement for all Cartwright students.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Hold a current BLE, ESL or SEI endorsement
- Demonstrates knowledge of English Language Development (ELD) and proficiency in teaching as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and 3 or more years of high student achievement. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Common Core and ELP Standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal program guidelines for servicing English
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of 21st century technology or willingness to learn
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates high levels of competency for planning and delivering staff development
Demonstrates high levels of competency for working with teachers during planning of lessons at grade level and appropriate rigor
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information
systems- including creating data walls in order to support continuous school improvement
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education and Gifted)
- Continues professional growth in curriculum, instruction and assessment through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrator
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates, models, and coaches in the implementation of First Best Instruction (Tier I).
Proactively seeks to support teachers in planning for instruction as well ensuring the instruction is at grade level and rigorous
- Supports teams in assessment, evaluation, and planning for teaching.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting
- Promotes and supports best practice in teaching and learning with First Best Instruction.
- Assists teachers in lesson planning, data analysis, flexible grouping, guided reading, skill grouping and integration of technology.
- Assists with benchmark and state assessments and interprets formal and informal assessment data to assist teachers in planning for effective instruction.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans
based on school and district data.
- Provides staff development for District teachers.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan job-
embedded professional development and analyze District and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the District and school level.
- Provides support to teachers of English Language Learners, Special Education and Fluent
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- Apply online and submit the internal application.
- 2. Download and attach a copy of your current Arizona Teaching Certificate with Reading Endorsement
- 3. Download and attach a copy of your Current Professional Résumé
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled
Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 27, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)