2020-2021 ELD Specialist
June 17, 2020
English Language Development Specialist
(Position Available For 2020-2021 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To assist the Director and Assistant Director of Language Acquisition and the school sites in providing academic services to all English language learners.
- Certified elementary, secondary or special education teacher.
- Endorsed bilingual, ESL and/or SEI teacher.
- At least three years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching English language learners as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement.
- Demonstrates proficiency in English Language Development (ELD) and Math Content.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal program guidelines for servicing English Language Learners in Structured English Immersion SEl)
- Demonstrates knowledge of state program guidelines for English Language Development for all English language learners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national English as a Second Language Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state ELL Task Force requirements.
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and works comfortably with adults.
- Holds high expectations for her/himself and colleagues, as well as students.
- Stays focused, open and committed to a set of beliefs with a willingness to accept the challenges of sharing a strong and committed belief in second language acquisition.
- Commitment to on-going professional development in second language acquisition as evidenced by working with colleagues, attending and presenting at conferences, workshops and classes.
- Has been trained or is willing to be trained as a Specialty Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE) Trainer of Trainers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in communicating in a meaningful way with all stakeholders regarding SEI classroom instructional strategies.
- Evidence of independent decision-making skills.
- Evidence of collaborative skills.
- Evidence of leadership in delivery of professional development for teachers.
- Spanish speaking ability desirable.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Language Acquisition
- Responsibilities are determined in part by the goals, objectives and requirements for providing academic services to all English Language Learners.
- Provides classroom support in effectively teaching English language development to English language learners at each proficiency level.
- Works with Assistant Director of Language Acquisition in providing resources that promotes academic achievement for all English Language Learners.
- Plans and facilitates monthly meetings which focus on developing teacher knowledge in English language development and the stages of language acquisition.
- Provides classroom support consistent with the goals of the English Language Development Program in the Cartwright School District. This may include observing teachers, co-planning with teachers, providing resources and conducting dialogue sessions.
- Models effective use of differentiated instruction for teachers.
- Participates in staff development activities such as content workshops, summer institutes and monthly meetings.
- Plans and facilitates professional development and SEI certification for new teachers and provides follow-up and support throughout the year.
- Provides training for all certified and classified instructional staff on instructional practices and effective strategies for all English Language Learners.
- Continues own professional development through at least the following activities: involvement in professional organizations; attendance and presentation at professional conferences; facilitation of colleague visits and school visitations; preparation of publications, and continuous professional reading. Stays informed on all matters of importance related to student achievement and program evaluation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line certified application and Internal candidates should complete an on-line certified Internal
- A copy of a current Arizona Teaching Certificate.
- A Current Professional Résumé
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resource
(623) 691-3915 FAX: (623) 691-4079