2021-2022 Certified K-3 Move On When Reading Specialist (MOWR)
K-3 MOVE ON WHEN READING SPECIALIST
(2021-2022 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To build K-3 teacher capacity and student success in English Language Arts through coaching First Best Instruction (FBI) and by providing student intervention through our District Multi- Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Must hold a Reading Endorsement
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Move On When Reading Legislation or willingness to learn
- Demonstrates knowledge of Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Demonstrates knowledge of 21st century technology or willingness to learn
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching early literacy evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates knowledge of AZCCRS and instructional materials for English Language Arts
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment as they relate to each other and influence student achievement
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, gifted, Special Education)
- Works collaboratively with district and school site
- Holds high expectations for her/himself and colleagues, as well as students
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Understands and applies knowledge of adult learning theory
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of updated best practices in language arts including scientifically based reading research (SBRR) and scientifically based reading instruction (SBRI) related to K-3 students
- Understands the purpose and specifics of core reading programs, supplemental and intervention programs and serves as a guide to the K-3 staff to effectively use these programs
- Ability to navigate AIMSWeb Plus, ATT assessment software
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supports site and district administration with the site professional development plan through facilitation and / or participation in grade level meetings, site professional development and staff meetings.
- Participates and takes initiative as an essential contributing member of the K-3 Literacy Team.
- Provides Tier II and Tier III reading interventions.
- Supports K-3 Literacy Team at site.
- Provides ongoing updates to school principal and Educational Services on status of all K-3 students (i.e., deficiency letters, individual learning plan and progress monitoring data).
- Facilitates, prepares, posts and updates K-3 data walls based on school and district expectations.
- Ensures that Move On When Reading Deficiency letters are distributed in a timely manner.
- Meets and collaborates with administration and MOWR district specialist regarding the progress of the K-3 Literacy Team and reading instruction.
- Participates in professional development at the district and school site.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator.
- Collaborates with Educational Services to design and implement strategic interventions for the site including monitoring and overseeing intervention lab.
- Analyzes and organizes individual assessment results and state assessment results to determine areas of weakness and shares strategies to address weaknesses through prescriptive intervention.
- Collaborates with special education SEI and general education teachers to implement a multi-tiered system of support.
- Provides specialized instructional strategies and a plan for staff members on appropriate intervention (Tier I, II and III) in reading instruction for students.
- Prepares appropriate lesson plans for reading intervention for students and provides support for teachers on progress monitoring and all reading assessments.
- Selects and uses district intervention programs, appropriate for students with fidelity.
- Models First Best Instruction K-3 for classroom teachers (Tier I).
- Facilitates teacher collaboration on components such as progress monitoring, instructional intervention, data analysis and reporting results on a timely on-going basis.
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues.
- Understands and interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions.
- Collaborates with each K-3 teacher (mainstream, ELL, Special Education, Gifted) and provides in-class support through modeling, team teaching and/or observing
- Collaborates with all interventionists and school staff to improve student achievement.
- Observes and monitors reading instruction and provides teachers with essential feedback.
REPORTS TO: Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrators
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
MINIMUM SALARY: $46,470
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
CONTACT PERSON:Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX (623) 691-4079
Rita Moncibaez, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX: (623) 691-4079