BUS DRIVER F/T
Descripción del trabajo
Position Type: Transportation
Location: Transportation Department, 85033
Date Posted: 8/25/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
BUS DRIVER – F/T
Incumbents are responsible for driving buses on assigned bus routes and for driving buses and shuttles for scheduled trips.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Position requirements needed upon entry.
Licensing Requirements (position requirements at entry):
- Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification;
- First Aid Certification.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, pulling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, fumes, odors, extreme temperatures, intense noises, and travel.
- Transports children safely and timely to and from school.
- Monitors children and administers discipline for minor problems; prepares appropriate paperwork to report serious discipline concerns to the Administration.
- Inspects buses including both pre- and post-trip; ensures that safety guidelines are followed; ascertains readiness of mechanical and electrical items and notes any damages.
- Cleans the interior of bus to include washing windows, picking up trash, dusting, and sweeping floors.
- Fills out required daily forms including time sheets, bus information sheets, mileage reports, vehicle discrepancy reports, incident reports, seating charts, and route sheets.
- Fills bus with fuel.
- Participates in bus evacuation, radio, and first aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training.
- Performs and supervises bus evacuations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Federal, state, county, and municipal traffic laws;
- Safety procedures and guidelines;
- Vehicle and vehicle systems such as lights and brakes;
- First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Driving school bus and using bus equipment such as brake sticks, wheelchair lifts and tie-downs, two-way radios, fuel pumps, and tire checkers;
- Using light maintenance and cleaning equipment and tools;
- Applying First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques;
- Reading maps;
- Monitoring and disciplining children;
- Providing and maintaining a safe atmosphere on bus;
- Inspecting bus to ascertain problems and maintain safety;
- Performing emergency evacuations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
CALENDAR: Per contract
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $17.39
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled