Certified Teacher Special Ed Intellectual Disability (LFI)
Position Type: Student Support Services
Location: Desert Sands Middle School, 85033
Date Posted: 9/28/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
Special Ed Intellectual Disability (LFI)
Special Ed Intellectual Disability (LFI)
JOB GOAL: To assure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each grade level.
- Current Arizona Special Education Cross Categorical Teaching Certificate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of State and National Standards.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Must be highly qualified in the elementary content area and Special Education.
- Arizona certified elementary or secondary teacher
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Must be appropriately certified in elementary, grades 1-8 or secondary, grades 6-12.
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assesses progress and preparation of students for the AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards).
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct: and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
- Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to job responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information systems
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates professional development skills and works effectively with adults
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education)
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
LOCATION: Desert Sands Middle School
CALENDAR: Per contract
JOB CATEGORY: Certified
BEGINNING SALARY: $46,470
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled