Classified Administrator Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager
Administrator, Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrator, Payroll/Accounts Payable is responsible for managing the District’s payroll records according to Federal and State regulations and the Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR). This position oversees all aspects of payroll operations, including payroll processes and procedures, and preparation of required Federal and State tax reports. Manages daily accounts payable duties.
1. Manages the Payroll, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable departments and supervises assigned staff.
2. Maintains District accounting records and payroll records to comply with Federal and State tax laws, and USFR
3. Coordinates preparation of biweekly and monthly payroll processing and ensures correct posting of payroll and
benefit expenses and encumbrances to the General Ledger.
4. Coordinates payment of all special pay amounts (e.g. Performance Based Pay, Retention Pay).
5. Supervises the payment and distribution of all Voluntary Deductions from payroll including deferred compensation,
voluntary insurance, union dues, direct deposit, court-ordered support, garnishments and finger printing expense.
6. Supervises payment of all employee benefits; medical and life insurance, mid-term disability, various exempt
employee plans, etc.
7. Coordinates payroll system setup to ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws pertaining to payroll and
taxes, and works with the Human Resources Department to ensure labor law compliance.
8. Develops payroll department procedures in coordination with Human Resources Department to ensure payroll, tax
and labor law compliance.
9. Prepares quarterly and annual Federal and State Tax Reports and Unemployment reports, including preparation and
distribution W-2’s and related reports.
10. Establishes end-of-fiscal-year procedures and processes in coordination with Human Resources Department to
ensure an efficient transition of all payroll related information.
11. Develops fiscal year Payroll and Deduction Schedules as needed for employees.
12. Provides payroll procedure and preparation training support to campus/site staff.
13. Prepares statistical reports and projections as requested by Supervisors.
14. Maintains knowledge of the USFR and employee handbooks as they apply to payroll and Federal and State laws
pertaining to payroll.
15. Assists in the design or modification of automated accounting, leave tracking and timekeeping systems.
16. Assist external auditors in their reviews and audits.
17. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields required.
2. Four years of directly related payroll administration experience in a large organization and one year of experience in supervision of employees. A graduate degree may substitute for one year of experience. Prefer experience in public sector payroll administration.
3. Knowledge of accounting principles, governmental accounting, budgeting/fiscal management and data processing as it relates to accounting practices.
4. Knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations, and Federal and State tax laws.
5. Knowledge of Visions, Kronos and AESOP preferred.
6. Knowledge of state retirement requirements.
7. Ability to plan and organize workload and work accurately under pressure.
8. Skill in analysis and interpretation of financial data and ability to analyze problems and prepare appropriate corrections.
9. Skill in oral and written communication.
10. Ability to work well with people.
Director of Business Services
Payroll Department/Accounts Payable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)