Classified Food Service Catering Manager (Internal Only)
Admin Spec-12 month
The Monitor is a standalone classification. The position is responsible for all caterings, bistro’s and special events for the food service department services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
In charge of the complete and total operation of a catering service during events and dealing with the necessary preparation before and after the event.
Works to guarantee that the event is successful. Oversee food preparation, transportation and set-up activities. The manager also has to follow up with the clients to get comments and feedback after the event.
Confirm catering order requirements (like number of guests, set up times and event dates). Respond to customer inquiries in accurate and timely manner.
Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
Develop marketing plan to promote catering operations.
Review and finalize Invoices, catering event orders and pricing agreements.
Operation of bistor’s; supplies, opening and closing, staffing, security and safe food handeling.
Catering may require working evenings and / or weekends.
Participates in a variety of meetings and/or educational events.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
· General office procedures;
· Customer service principles;
· Recordkeeping practices and procedures;
· Modern office equipment;
· Bookkeeping principles;
· Basic accounting principles;
· Basic mathematical concepts;
· Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations;
· Basic food handeling procedures
Skills (position requirements at entry):
· Using a computer and related software applications;
· Providing exceptional customer service;
· Entering information into a database;
· Compiling and preparing reports;
· Maintaining records;
· Processing information and paperwork;
· Solving problems;
· Performing multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Analyzing and compiling information;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.), and two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements (position requirements at entry):
· Food handlers cards.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Developed by Food Services 6/19
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 10, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)