Classified Information Technology Technician 1
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN 1
Installs, maintains and supports the Cartwright School District networked devices associated with technology software, hardware and peripheral equipment. Provide technical assistance, either on the phone or in person to all stakeholders.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years IT Department experience, Call Center, Help Desk or related field.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Strong customer service skills in responding to requests for services
- Good organizational and administrative skills in an IT environment
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the school sites, support staff and product vendors.
- Answers the Help Desk line and provides over the phone basic problem determination and resolution
- Performs triage for more complex problems
- Creates work orders for complex cases, routes the work orders to appropriate staff.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, repair and installation of computers, devices, software and peripherals
- Responds to calls for assistance; travels to work sites; assesses, diagnoses, analyzes problems and troubleshoots and tests alternative methods for support and connectivity
- Configures software, hardware and operating systems. Changes out hardware, software on site or brings into shop when indicated.
- Travels to user sites to install and configure software and hardware to include training users on operations of new equipment and software and troubleshooting reported problems.
- Performs inventory and tracking of all information technology items
- Maintains files, records and databases of maintenance logs, work orders, supply inventory, materials and tools utilized in the support of the workstations.
- Installs, configures and maintains peripheral technology equipment.
- Performs others tasks and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles of computer hardware, software applications and peripherals utilized in the District
- Knowledge of technical journals and manuals utilized in the installation and maintenance of networked computers and devices
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in computer installation, repair and maintenance.
- Skill in performing systems analysis and customizing computer software to meet user needs.
- Skill in installation of operating systems, software and respective updates and patches.
- Skill in analyzing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and implementing corrections and solutions for computer systems and problems. To include diagnosing and solving problems.
- Skill in providing support services for a variety of computer operations and hardware to meet user needs.
- Skill in Maintaining and repairing technology devices, hardware and software
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Term: Employment is for twelve months
Beginning Salary: B21 - $14.92/hr
Benefits: As approved by the Governing Board
Deadline for Application: Until filled
Cartwright School District #83
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691 3911 Fax (623) 691 4079
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 24, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)