CLASSIFIED INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT SPECIAL EDUCATION RESOURCE
Position Type: Support Staff
Location: Districtwide, 85031
Date Posted: 8/11/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
CLASSIFIED INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT SPECIAL ED RESOURCE
Responsible for providing instructional assistance in a classroom setting. Incumbents may be responsible for translating oral and written communications.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
Highly Qualified - Preferred
ONE of the following:
- Completed at least two (2) years (60 semester hours) of study at an institution of higher education (attach transcript; 100 level coursework and above) or
- Obtained an associate’s or higher degree. Must be highly qualified or
- Obtained a passing score on an ADE-approved assessment (attach score report)
- ACT Workkeys (requires Business Writing, Applied Math & Reading Comprehension test results)
- Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Network
- Assists teacher by helping with classroom instruction and working with children during instructional activities.
- Monitors children’s behavior inside and outside of the classroom.
- Assists with clean-up and other related tasks following daily activates.
- Prepares classroom for activities, including organizing assignments and preparing homework folders.
- Creates bulletin boards, maintains materials and supplies, contacts parents and may make copies.
- May attend in-service training sessions.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Positions assigned to the computer lab may be responsible for:
• Setting up computer lab;
• Scheduling classes and activities for the computer lab;
• Assisting students in using computers and handling disks.
Positions assigned to English as a second language (ESL) may be responsible for:
• Translating oral and written communications;
• Administering and grading a variety of tests;
• Assisting students with limited or no English skills.
Positions assigned to the library may be responsible for:
• Shelving books;
• Assisting students with book selections;
• Checking books in and out of the library;
• Repairing damaged books.
Positions assigned to PE may be responsible for:
• Setting up activities related to physical education;
• Assisting students in performing physical activities;
• Assisting in evaluating student’s proficiency in designated activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Monitoring and assisting children with activities;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to blood and other body fluids.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
CALENDAR: 9 Month; Non-benefited; 5.5 hours
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled