Classified Medical Assistant
Incumbents are responsible for serving the health needs for the entire school population by performing health services, promoting health education, and implementing a healthful environment.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: Classified Medical Assistant is a stand-alone classification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
Administers basic first aid, screens ill or injured students, school personnel and assesses level of care needed. Documents daily all accidents or illnesses and completes accident reports according to District procedures
Maintains health records in compliance with federal and state laws. Reviews immunization records to insure compliance.
Administers daily medications and treatments in accordance with District procedures under supervision of the principal, as directed by the physician, with parent consent. Ensures medications are properly stored and secured in locked cabinets.
Consults with principal on matters related to emergency situations, suspected child abuse, contagious diseases, or other medically sensitive situations. Provides health information that may affect student performance in academic, social, or psychological areas.
5.Proivides specialized health care treatments approved by the student's physicians or other licensed health professional, the parent or legal guardian, after consulting with receiving traiing from the Health
6. Treats confidential information with respect by keeping it confidential.
7. Performs any other duties or responsibilities as mey be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
· Public schools and their operations;
· Applicable laws, rules and regulations;
· Community resources;
· Diverse multicultural populations
· Research-based prevention programs
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of district policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
· Basic first aid and CPR
Skills (position requirements at entry):
· Utilizing a computer and related software.
· Administering hearing test.
· Communicating verbally and in writing.
· Maintaining confidential records.
· Obtaining and maintaining CPR and First Aid certification.
· Operating various types of medical equipment, splint, nebulizer, thermometer, sphygmomanometer, how to set up blood glucose monitor and SVN maching.
· Administering medication.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
· Maintain valid CPR and First Aid certification
Licensing Requirements (position requirements at entry):
· Valid Medical Assistant Certification
· Valid Driver’s License
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
Incumbents may be subjected to body fluids and travel.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Draft prepared by Fox Lawson and Associates LLC (LM)
Date: 5/19 Revised by Cartwright: 5/19
Job Contact Information
Sunday, May 3, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)