- BA and one year of related experience within a community relations department; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed.
- Experience in public relations, marketing, advertising or closely related field
- Technical knowledge of Web and Social Media.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Conceptualize and author Web content, taking into account intended use and audience, and district recruitment and retention goals and objectives.
- Seek information and opportunities to engage customers, conduct content marketing activities and provide customer information in digital venues such as social media platforms, e-newsletters, online forums, consumer sites, and news sites.
- Developing e-communication methods for schools and district to facilitate communications between each teacher and each home.
- Assist in coordinating the district website’s content management system and work with faculty and staff throughout the district to provide guidance on both static and dynamic content including text, images and video.
- Maintain the district’s presence on its own social media platforms.
- Ensure best practices and quality standards in Web communications including content; conduct occasional quality reviews to ensure that school pages meet the district’s quality standards. This involves working with school content editors with varying levels of communications and technological knowledge.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communications tools in reaching intended audiences through data collection and analysis. Use Web analysis tools such as Google Analytics to measure performance of the website.
- Collaborate with communications staff to develop the sophistication of school communications by incorporating innovative uses of technology.
- Provide additional support to communications projects as needed, including writing for publications; proofreading; selecting, extracting, reformatting and repurposing of information and data from a variety of sources; basic digital photography for content marketing/online/social media purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Relations
LOCATION: Communications and Community Engagement
CALENDAR: 12 Month Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $21.08
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled
Pay: up to $21.08/hour
<strong></strong> $21.08<br />
Job Reference #: 351