Position Type: Secretarial/Clerical
Location: Educational Services Department, 85031
Date Posted: 7/29/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
CLASSIFIED DATA COORDINATORJOB GOAL
The Data Coordinator will assist the district and schools by analyzing, creating, testing and implementing supplemental software to meet current and future information technology needs for the Cartwright School District. The coordinator will ensure successful data processing so that the end user will attain disaggregated student achievement data generated from state, district summative/ common formative assessments, and other reporting systems school districts use in their effort to increase student achievement.
- 4 year college degree in computer science, education, statistics, or related field preferred
- 2 years work experience in a related field preferred
- Work experience as a systems developer preferred
- Advanced degree in Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics and Assessment preferred
- Experience working with educational measurement and statistics (including psychometrics and item response theory) preferred
- Training district wide and/or school personnel in the different types of supplemental data reporting to make timely and appropriate decisions about curriculum, assessment (i.e., ADE Connect and Data Warehouse).
- Disseminating results of data
- Generating ideas to make reporting of data results user friendly
- Providing supplemental training and guidance to district and school level personnel in:
- Assisting with writing queries to interpret state, district and school assessment data reports
- Assisting school and district staff in disaggregating state assessment, and district data based on demographics, subjects/disciplines, standards, and other data sources
- Assisting the Educational Services’ Department and school principals in prioritizing intervention goals and generating solutions based on information uncovered through the data disaggregation process.
- Developing structures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions while they are being implemented
- Evaluating and verifying effectiveness of intervention data based on state assessment, district data and other sources
- Ensure the reliability and integrity of the integration of data used in Galileo, AIMSWebPlus, Clever, Achieve3000, Synergy, work order system, including:
- Teacher and student software use
- Report generating
- Data assessment
- Student Registration to guarantee accurate data
- Attend required training
- Participate and provide supplemental professional development opportunities for staff in the use of data
- Works collaboratively with Director of Technology, Data and Assessments, and Information System administrators, and school administration to support District and school improvement/reform efforts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services
- Advanced knowledge of district assessments and can extract data to make educational decisions for student interventions
- Possesses collaborative skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record working on multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates evidence of strong technology skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Synergy
- Working Knowledge of the battery of Arizona Assessment Tests
- Working knowledge of national and state norm-referenced and criterion-referenced assessment standards
- Knowledge of state and national standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Works effectively in a professional learning community
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Director of Assessment and Data Management
LOCATION: Cartwright Administration Center
CALENDAR: 12 months
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: B24
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled