Director of Business Services
Position Type: Administration
Location: Business Services, 85031
Date Posted: 9/16/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
Director of Business Services
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and in accordance with the policies, rules and regulations established by the Governing Board, the Director of Business Services is responsible for overseeing the District’s business and financial functions. Supervisory responsibility for: Purchasing, Materials Center, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounting, and Banking functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields and five years increasingly responsible experience in manager/assistant director/director level position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with others of varying technical abilities at all levels.
- Ability to act individually and as a team member in resolving problems and completing projects on time and within budget.
- Possession of good customer service skills with a positive and helpful attitude.
- Any combination of education and experience relative to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Keeps current with changes in accounting practices and policies and ensure that accounting procedures within the District meet ALL federal, state, local, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains District financial reports, including but not limited to periodic and timely fiscal reports to the Arizona Department of Education, AZ Auditor General, Governing Board and School Administrators.
- Oversees the proper and timely recording of all revenues, reconciles cash accounts monthly, and invests excess funds in accordance with Board policy and state statutes.
- Responsible for the overall planning, preparation, monitoring and administering the District annual Operating Budget and the 5 Year Capital Budget.
- Ensures that all student activity accounts operate in accordance with Board policy and state statues.
- Ensures that the Proposition 301 (Classroom Site) funds are recorded and disbursed according to statue.
- Ensures that the District payroll system meets all federal, state and local requirements.
- Responsible for the purchase, warehouse, inventory of District assets including supplies, materials and fixed assets.
- Supervises the preparation of bids, and bid specifications and receive and open bids; tabulates results and prepares written recommendations in conformity with statutes.
- Consults and coordinates with architects, engineers and contractors regarding the District’s facilities program.
- Coordinates and manages external audits; performs a variety of internal fiscal audits, and implements corrective measures to address audit issues.
- Directs trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of purchasing, accounting, payroll, budget, material center (warehouse) and information systems personnel and assists them in meeting their career goals.
- Develops training systems and conducts employee and management training to ensure adoption of business best practices and exemplary business operations.
- Attends Governing Board meetings, Bond Committee meetings, Cartwright Association Team meetings, and other meetings as directed.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Thorough understanding of AZ ARS Title 15, USFR, AAC Title 7, GASB and GAAP;
- Accounting, Finance, Budgeting theories and principles;
- Procurement theories and principles;
- Internal control structures, policies and procedures;
- Supervisory theories and principles;
- Operate automated financial application and reporting systems, including Infinite Visions.
- Superior writing skills.
- Demonstrate proficient presentation/oral communication skills.
- Monitor & prioritize tasks; evaluate and motivate employees.
- Prepare financial statements including CAFR.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Administrator of Payroll/Accounts Payable, Assistant Director of Business Services
Materials Center Supervisor, Fiscal Support Coordinators(s), Lead Facility Maintenance Technician (District Office)
Term: Employment is for twelve (12) months
Salary Range: Administrator Salary Schedule; FLSA Exempt
Benefits: As approved by the Governing Board
Deadline for Application: Open Until Filled