Instructional Support Specialist 21 - 22
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching
Location: Districtwide, 85031
Date Posted: 2/2/2021
Date Available: 08/02/2021
Date Closing: Until Filled
Instructional Support Specialist 21 - 22JOB GOAL
To assist the District and School site in the development and effective delivery of our Response to Intervention (RTI) Pyramid with a primary emphasis on coaching First Best Instruction (FBI) focused on student achievement for all Cartwright students.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience with excellent evaluations
- Hold a current BLE, ESL or SEI endorsement
- Demonstrates knowledge of English Language Development (ELD) and proficiency in teaching as evidenced by principal’s evaluations and 3 or more years of high student achievement. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Common Core and ELP Standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal program guidelines for servicing English
- Language Learners
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of 21st century technology or willingness to learn
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates high levels of competency for planning and delivering staff development
- Demonstrates high levels of competency for working with teachers during planning of lessons at grade level and appropriate rigor
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information
- systems-including creating data walls in order to support continuous school improvement
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education and Gifted)
- Continues professional growth in curriculum, instruction and assessment through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates, models, and coaches in the implementation of First Best Instruction (Tier I).
- Proactively seeks to support teachers in planning for instruction as well ensuring the instruction is at grade level and rigorous.
- Supports teams in assessment, evaluation, and planning for teaching.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting instruction.
- Promotes and supports best practice in teaching and learning with First Best Instruction.
- Assists teachers in lesson planning, data analysis, flexible grouping, guided reading, skill grouping and integration of technology.
- Assists with benchmark and state assessments and interprets formal and informal assessment data to assist teachers in planning for effective instruction.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans based on school and district data.
- Provides staff development for District teachers.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan job-embedded professional development and analyze District and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the District and school level.
- Provides support to teachers of English Language Learners, Special Education and Fluent English speakers.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
REPORTS TO: Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrator
CALENDAR: Teacher Work Calendar
JOB CATEGORY: Certified
BEGINNING SALARY: $ 46,470
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled