Position Type: Support Staff
Location: Districtwide, 85031
Date Posted: 9/23/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
Incumbents are responsible for ensuring the safety of children on school grounds, buses, and in lunchrooms by monitoring behavior and identifying safety hazards.
- Ability to read and write in order to communicate and receive instruction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Some positions may require: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic first aid
- Safety procedures and guidelines
- Monitoring and redirecting children
- Using equipment such as first aid kits, hand-held radios, mops, balls, and other related items.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May be subjected to odors, chemicals, blood and other body fluids, extreme temperatures, work space restrictions, intense noises, and travel.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
CALENDAR: Per contract
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled