Occupational Therapist/Physical Therapist
(Position Available for 2020-2021 School Year)
JOB GOAL: To deliver occupational therapy/physical therapy services and improve the school educational experience of the students in the Cartwright School District.
- Must have graduated from an accredited university with a degree in Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy and hold a current license.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
- Use standardized measures and clinical observation skills for evaluation of students to assist teams in the identification of students with potential educational disabilities.
- Write reports to describe assessment data
- Attend regularly schedule planning meetings for students, teams and schools.
- Maintain documentation in a timely manner including therapy notes, IEP paperwork, evaluation reports, and Medicaid billing.
- Communicate regularly with team members and parents, working collaboratively to develop and implement effective and appropriate educational plans.
- Utilize current evidenced based practice and maintain effective progress monitoring methods
- Monitor the implementation of educational relevant programs to enhance performance or maintain health by Health Aides or other instructional staff.
- Attends staff and professional meetings.
- Assists with inservice training of school personnel.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Special Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is nine months Fringe Benefits, Salary based on 2020-2021 Auxiliary Salary Schedule
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691-3915 FAX: (623) 691-4079