RN / LPN
Position Type: Student Support Services
Location: Districtwide, 85031
Date Posted: 8/7/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
RN / LPNJOB GOAL
Incumbents are responsible for serving the health needs for the entire school population by performing health services, promoting health education, and implementing a healthful environment.
- Valid Arizona RN license/valid Arizona LPN license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification
- Identifies physical deficiencies of individual students and school or district personnel.
- Contact health agencies or resources as necessary for correction defects.
- Informs the school administrator and teachers of special health problems of individuals.
- Records and updates on health cards information pertinent to each student. This includes visual and hearing screening, heights and weights, and other individual information for all grade levels.
- Serves as a resource person to the instructional program by interviewing parents of children being tested for learning problems to detect possible medical and/or developmental problems. Participates in multidisciplinary conferences as assigned.
- Provides classroom instruction, upon request, on matters pertaining to health.
- Provides health information for faculty members.
- Looks upon contacts with students as an opportunity for health instruction.
- Serves as a resource person to the community. Must be willing to make a first effort to establish rapport with and continue to work with contrary parents or other adults.
- Serves as a member of the school safety committee.
- Serves as a liaison between home, school, and community agencies or organizations.
- Arranges with state and county agencies for the control of communicable diseases.
- Assesses the school health problems by checking attendance records, calling parents of students absent three days or more to ascertain reason for absence if not reported by parents, and informing the school administrator or teacher of any problems.
- Submits monthly reports that reflect the work accomplished.
- Performs usual office routines and practices associated with a busy, productive office, primarily during the school secretary’s lunch or absence.
- Treats confidential information with respect by keeping it confidential.
- Provides supervision to no more than three(3) of our
- LPNs as they perform within their LPN scope of practice. “Supervision” means the direction, and periodic consultation, provided to an individual to whom a nursing task or patient care activity is delegated. Supervision of the LPN may be achieved without the physical presence of the RN. The RN must be readily available by telephone.
- Performs any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Public schools and their operations;
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Community resources;
- Diverse multicultural populations
- Research-based prevention programs
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of district policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Basic first aid and CPR
- Utilizing a computer and related software.
- Administering hearing test.
- Communicating verbally and in writing.
- Maintaining confidential records.
- Obtaining and maintaining CPR and First Aid certification.
- Operating various types of medical equipment, splint, nebulizer, thermometer, sphygmomanometer, how to set up blood glucose monitor and SVN maching.
- Administering medication.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Incumbents may be subjected to body fluids and travel.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
CALENDAR: 10 month
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: RN - $39,560
LPN - $34,290
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled