2019-2020 Certified K-3 Language Arts Content Specialist
K-3 LANGUAGE ARTS CONTENT SPECIALIST
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
JOB GOAL: To support the professional growth of K-3 grade language arts teachers by strengthening classroom teachers’ understanding of reading and writing content. To promote enhanced reading and writing instruction and student learning by helping teachers develop more effective language arts teaching practices that allow all students to reach high standards as well as sharing research addressing how students learn reading and writing.
- Arizona certified elementary or secondary teacher
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in K-3 Language Arts.
- Must be highly qualified in Language Arts or Reading Specialist.
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching evidenced by principal’s evaluations and student achievement
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and national standards and district adopted curriculum and instructional materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of assessments and use of data information systems
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates professional development skills and works effectively with adults
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education)
- Continues professional growth through participation in educational meetings and defined professional growth opportunities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas with colleagues
- Continues professional development in the area of research-based exemplary practices in curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in oral and written form
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Director of Teaching and Learning and Assistant Director of Reading and Writing
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and models first best instruction for assigned teachers.
- Collaborates with individual teachers through co-planning, co-teaching, and Coaching.
- Supports teams in assessment, evaluation, and planning for teaching.
- Collaborates through Collective Inquiry to develop a comprehensive site plan for supporting instruction.
- Facilitates teachers’ use of successful, research-based instructional strategies, including differentiated instruction for diverse learners.
- Visits schools and observes classrooms on a regular basis to ensure consistency of what is taught from school to school and teacher to teacher and recommends effective instructional strategies.
- Models lessons in classroom situations for observations by teachers.
- Assists teachers in lesson planning, data analysis, flexible grouping, and integration of technology.
- Interprets formal and informal assessment data to assist teachers in planning for effective instruction.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Reading and Writing to ensure the curriculum is aligned to state standards.
- Works with Educational Services and school teams to create professional development plans in Language Arts based on school and district data.
- Attends leadership meetings with Educational Services and school administrator to plan professional development and analyze District and school data.
- Participates in professional development at the District and school level.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary, calendar, and fringe benefits per Teacher Salary Schedule as determined by Governing Board.
Candidates must submit the following to Human Resources:
- External candidates should complete an on-line Certified Employee application and upload the required documents. Internal candidates should complete an on-line InternalCertified Employee application.
- A copy of a current Arizona Elementary or Secondary Certificate
- A letter of interest
- A current professional resume’
- A current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card or proof of application for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 Fax: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)