2019-2020 Certified Speech Language Pathologist
Speech Language Pathologist
JOB GOAL: To identify and/or diagnose, remediate speech/language disorders that would have an impact on the educational experience of the students in the Cartwright School District.
- A Current Arizona Certificate to practice as a speech/language pathologist.
- A degree in speech/language pathology from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Master’s, CCC’s preferred. Bachelor’s considered.
REPORTS TO: Director and/or Assistant Director of Special Services
- To screen and/or identify speech/language disorders of referred students.
- To administer and interpret tests relating to articulation, fluency, voice, orofacial, neurological, cognitive and communication disorders.
- To assist in assessing, selecting and developing augmentative and alternative communication systems and providing training in the use of these systems.
- To plan and implement therapy programs based on assessments and student needs supporting the schools’ educational goals.
- To enhance speech/language proficiency and communication effectiveness.
- To confer with teachers, parents and other staff whenever necessary.
- To maintain case records on all referred students.
- Engage in collaboration and provide leadership for speech/language related preventative interventions.
- To keep abreast of new developments in the field of speech/language pathology by seeking out professional learning opportunities.
- Make data driven decisions for all students.
- Supervise speech-language pathologist assistants when necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Director/Asst. Director of Special Services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is nine (9) months. Teacher work year.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District
Becky Banks, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX (623) 691-4079
Rita Moncibaez, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX: (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Monday, January 14, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)