2020 - 2021 Student Distance Learning Support (in home support) Temporary employment
Position Type: Tutors
Location: Frank Borman Elementary School, 85033
Date Posted: 9/10/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
2020 - 2021 Student Distance Learning Support
(in home support)
(in home support)
JOB GOALFamily member or designee is responsible for ensuring the safety of children in the home by monitoring, supporting, and redirecting students during distant learning.
- Ability to read and write and use distance learning technology in order to communicate and receive instruction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Some positions may require Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Monitors children during distance learning and performing other related activities.
- Works as the liaison in between the school and the home; delivering messages from parents or teachers; helping students with required needs; and, performing other related activities.
- Observes and assists the student during distance learning.
- Attends to children’s minor medical needs while on distance learning.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Positions assigned to special education may be responsible for:
- Assisting special needs students during distance learning;
- Assisting special needs students at meal periods;
- Assisting special needs students with personal hygiene needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic first aid
- Safety procedures and guidelines
- Monitoring and redirecting children
- Using equipment such as first aid kits, hand-held radios, mops, balls, and other related items.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
LOCATION: District-Wide - Kindergarten and Special Needs only
REPORTS TO: Teacher/staff member/administrator of the student
SUPERVISES: NACALENDAR: 9 Month; Per contract; Temporary employment; Non-Benefited
During Distance Learning only;
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
SHIFT TYPE: Part-Time; Up to 3 hours per Day; Monday – Thursday; Flexible and based on family needs
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled