Administrative Technician (Educational Services)
Incumbents are responsible for performing routine clerical support activities pertaining to programs and services. Incumbents may serve as a lead to Administrative Assistants.
The Administrative Technician is the second level in a four level administrative support series. The Administrative Technician is distinguished from the Administrative Assistant by its responsibility for performing a wider variety of administrative support activities requiring greater knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations pertaining to programs and/or services offered. The Administrative Technician is distinguished from the Administrative Specialist, which is responsible for performing paraprofessional administrative support activities requiring thorough knowledge and understanding of rules, regulations, and policies in an assigned area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Compiles and inputs a variety of information into databases and/or spreadsheets, which may include: vendor registrations, requisitions, purchase orders, absences, excuses, tardies, detentions, suspensions and violations; prepares routine reports based on information in databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Prepares, processes, verifies, and/or distributes a variety of information, which may include: purchase orders, detention slips, meal applications, and/or other related information.
- Answers phones and greets students, parents, and administrators, which includes directing calls to appropriate parties and providing information; contacts and provides a variety of information to parents regarding programs, student absences, services, and other related information.
- Types a variety of correspondence to include letters, memos, surveys, agendas, newsletters, job announcements, and/or tables.
- Performs routine office activities, which may include: making copies; filing; sorting, opening, and distributing mail; faxing documents; maintaining and troubleshooting office equipment; and, performing other related activities.
- Monitors inventory for classrooms, library, cafeteria, and/or other related areas; initiates purchase requests or notifies appropriate individual(s) when inventory is low or depleted.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- General office procedures;
- Customer service principles;
- Recordkeeping practices and procedures;
- Filing techniques and practices;
- Grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
- Modern office equipment;
- Basic mathematical principles and concepts.
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Operating modern office equipment;
- Providing customer service;
- Maintaining records;
- Composing letters, correspondence, reports, and other written materials;
- Prioritizing work;
- Performing data entry;
- Using basic mathematics to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
- Gathering and organizing information;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry):
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.), and two years of related office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
LOCATION: Educational Services
CALENDAR: 12 Month Benefited
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57/Hour
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled