Classified Information Technology Technician 2
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2
Installs, maintains and supports the Cartwright School District networked devices associated with technology software, hardware and peripheral equipment. Provide technical assistance, either on the phone or in person to all stakeholders. Install, repair and maintain computers, printers, projectors and special systems such as phones, intercoms, and audio/visual systems.
• Associates Degree or completion of work related to the systems assigned
• Minimum 3 years IT Department experience, Call Center, Help Desk or related field
• troubleshooting telecommunications/security/alarm systems or equivalent
• combination of education and experience.
• Possesses good verbal and written communication skills
• A+ and Net+ Certifications or equivalent experience
• Strong customer service skills in responding to requests for services
• Good organizational and administrative skills in an IT environment
• Proficient in the use of standard office software
• Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the school sites, support staff and product vendors.
• Answers the Help Desk line and provides over the phone basic problem
• determination and resolution
• Performs triage for more complex problems
• Creates work orders for complex cases, routes the work orders to appropriate staff.
• Provides technical support, troubleshooting, repair and installation of audio/visual
• systems, intercoms, computers, devices, software and peripherals
• Responds to calls for assistance; travels to work sites; assesses, diagnoses,
• analyzes problems and troubleshoots and tests alternative methods for support and
• Configures software, hardware and operating systems. Changes out hardware,
• software on site or brings into shop when indicated.
• Travels to user sites to install and configure software and hardware to include
• training users on operations of new equipment and software and troubleshooting
• reported problems.
• Performs inventory and tracking of all information technology items
• Maintains files, records and databases of maintenance logs, work orders, supply
• inventory, materials and tools utilized in the support of the workstations.
• Installs, configures and maintains peripheral technology equipment.
• Performs others tasks and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations,
• policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and
• Knowledge of principles of computer and server hardware, software applications and
• peripherals utilized in the District
• Knowledge of basic electronics and their components
• Knowledge of technical journals and manuals utilized in the installation and
• maintenance of networked computers and devices
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in computer
• installation, repair and maintenance.
• Skill in performing systems analysis and customizing computer software to meet
• user needs.
• Skill in installation of operating systems, software and respective updates and patches.
• Skill in analyzing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and implementing corrections and solutions for computer systems and problems. To include diagnosing and solving problems.
• Skill in providing support services for a variety of computer operations and hardware
• to meet user needs.
• Skill in Maintaining and repairing technology devices, hardware and software
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers,
• vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the
• school district.
• Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
• Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Term: Employment is for twelve months
Benefits: As approved by the Governing Board
Deadline for Application: Open Until Filled
Cartwright School District #83
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691 3915 Fax (623) 691 4079