Position Type: Maintenance/Custodial
Location: Districtwide, 85031
Date Posted: 7/1/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
Incumbents are responsible for performing routine custodial activities. Incumbents may be responsible for performing light grounds work.
Ability to read and write in order to communicate and receive instruction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed below.
- Performs a variety of custodial duties which includes: cleaning classrooms, offices, lounges, workrooms, restrooms, entryways, and hallways; emptying trash; collecting food trays; sweeping floors; dusting computers and televisions; mopping, buffing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors; cleaning chalkboard trays, windows, sinks, counters, toilets, and mirrors; replenishing toilet paper, towels, and soap; touching up paint; changing light bulbs; washing walls, windows, doors, and handles; and, cleaning carpet.
- Sets up and takes down equipment for meals and/or special events.
- Collects trash from cafeteria, classrooms, and/or offices and takes out for disposal.
- Moves furniture and equipment for cleaning and special events.
- Secures buildings and/or classrooms.
- Checks supplies inventory and notifies appropriate individuals when inventory is low or depleted; restocks supplies and/or chemicals.
- Performs restoration cleaning by stripping, waxing, and buffing floors; cleans and extracts carpets.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic cleaning techniques;
- Chemicals and chemical mixtures;
- Safety and security procedures;
- Basic mathematics.
- Cleaning offices, restrooms, hallways, and other facilities;
- Proper handling of chemicals;
- Using custodial equipment such as vacuums and buffers;
- Setting up classrooms, gyms, and other areas for special events;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, staff, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts and chemicals.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
REPORTS TO: Lead Facility Maintenance Technician
CALENDAR: 9 Month Non-Benefitted; Part-Time
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57/Hour
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled