Position Type: Support Staff
Location: Heatherbrae Elementary School, 85033
Date Posted: 11/9/2020
Date Available: Immediately
Date Closing: Until Filled
CLASSIFIED INTERVENTION ASSISTANT
Incumbents are responsible for performing a broad range support activities pertaining to educational programs and student intervention. The Intervention Assistant is a stand-alone classification.
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Highly Qualified (required) - Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (60 hours of college course work is also acceptable OR obtained passing score on an ADE-approved assessment. Official score report, transcripts, or diploma must be presented at the time of application.
- Instructional work with students.
- Assists ELA and Math by working with students on instructional activities and/or interventions before, during, and after school.
- Prepares classroom for activities, including organizing materials.
- Assists in data management
- Attends monthly professional development meetings as scheduled.
- Serves as an additional resource for schools in trying to meet the educational needs of students.
- Performs other work-related duties of similar nature or level.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Cartwright School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communication, interpersonal speaking skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Record keeping practices and procedures as applied to data management.
- Working with others in a collaborative environment.
- Using a computer and related software applications.
- Operating modern office equipment.
- Maintaining records as required.
- Generating reports, and/or other written materials
- Prioritizing work;
- Gathering and organizing information.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, reaching, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
CALENDAR: 10 Months
JOB CATEGORY: Classified
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.57/hour
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until filled